With the summer on its way in and family vacations booked you will probably be spending a great deal of time outdoors. Due to the ever present danger of the sun’s rays we want to remind you to take precaution before heading outdoors to protect your baby since children are more susceptible to sun damage. Keep these seven tips in mind to protect your baby from the sun:
- Limit sun exposure between 10am-4 pm when UV rays are at their strongest.
- Keep babies under six months old out of direct sunlight.
- Use a sunscreen made specifically for children with an SPF of 15 or higher that shields against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Outfit your baby in a pair of My First Shades from Real Kids Shades which have 100% UVA and UVB protection.
- Remember to apply sunscreen and make your child wear sunglasses even on cloudy days if you will be outside for an extended amount of time because UV rays are still present.
- Dress kids in sunhats or hater with brims that shield their faces.
- Consider purchasing clothing with built in UV for maximum protection.
Tips from One Step Ahead